V 0.2 instllation issues

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Hi,
We are developing an eCommerce website for a client and we are considering Magelia+Orchard as our framework. I'm currently trying to setup Magelia properly on my development machine but I've run across a few problems.

First of all, it seems the included SQL scripts create a magelia_user role but they do not assign it any permissions.  I resolved this problem by running the two following lines (taken from the "3.2 Setting up SQL Server" section of your installation guide):

EXEC dbo.sp_addrolemember @rolename=N'db_datareader', @membername=N'magelia_user'
EXEC dbo.sp_addrolemember @rolename=N'db_datawriter', @membername=N'magelia_user'

Is this the correct approach or have you changed how things are done in v0.2?

 

Secondly, after correcting my first issue I now receive the following error when I try accessing the Extranet app:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Magelia.WebStore.Scheduling.Runtime.SchedulerLauncher.application_Error(Object sender, ApplicationEventArgs e) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.2\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.2\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Scheduling\Runtime\SchedulerLauncher.cs:68
   Magelia.WebStore.Application.StartInternal(DirectoryInfo currentDirectory) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.2\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.2\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Application.cs:241
   Magelia.WebStore.Application.Start(DirectoryInfo currentDirectory) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.2\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.2\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Application.cs:107
   Magelia.WebStore.Web.WebStoreModule.Init(HttpApplication context) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.2\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.2\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime.Web\Web\WebStoreModule.cs:43
   System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +574
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +351
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +406
   System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +374

[HttpException (0x80004005): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11686928
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +141
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4863749

I know the Web.Config files seems to have changed also from v0.1 to v0.2 so maybe I did something wrong while trying to follow the instructions.

Please let me know if you have an idea on how to solve that.

Thanks in advance!

 

*edit* : I installed and configured v0.1 just to be sure and it ran perfectly. 

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2011 at 12:54 PM


Thank-you for your message. First of all, we’re happy to see that everything worked fine using WebStore 0.1 and Orchard Module.

Concerning the Orchard compatibility with 0.2, there is a huge gap between v0.1 and v0.2 and WebStore v0.2 is clearly not compatible with Orchard at this time.
For instance, in V0.2 we differentiated front-office users from back-office users, introduced compatibility with the Membership provider, changed the basket and order calculation process, introduced variant products, etc.
Therefore it is probably a better option to completely rewrite the Orchard module than try to upgrade it to make it compatible with V0.2.
We will update the Orchard Module probably when v0.3 will be released in October since we will then benefit from the new discount engine and optimized performances.
If you plan to create a website that will be online in a production environment, we suggest that you wait for a more stable version of WebStore and of the Orchard Module. Since we will continue improving the DB model, services, etc.
until v1, the migration might be really hard even if we consider that the DB model is now 80% stable.

Concerning the second error that you mentioned, this seems due to the Scheduler feature that we introduced in v0.2 but we are still running tests and optimizations on this module. It is difficult to precisely understand where the error
comes from. Do you have entries that we could look at in the LoggingEvent table that relate to this issue or to the Scheduler?

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for your reply,

My colleague managed to install and run the v0.2 so we will be moving forward with that. We'll be keeping an eye on your development progress but I don't think you will release v1 soon enough for our project unfortunately. I understand the code is not in a production state yet and we take full responsibility for our choice. If there is any major issue we should be aware of with v0.2 we would be glad if you could let us know.

Keep up the good work!

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Hi,

We are currently doing corrections and imporvements  to 0.2 probably 1 or 2 more weeks of work and we will then start 0.3 which will introduce the promotions. If you can start the project with the latest v0.2 version (within 2 weeks), that would probably be the best option. If you need to starr earlier, send me your e-mail using the contact form available on magelia.org and we will send you the freshest buid. remember that V0.2 offers no discount and limited media management (images, etc.). Let us know how it goes.