install problem

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Trying to use the web installer, keep running into this exception on the "Insert Data" step (note: I tried this with the 'StarterSite' checked and not checked):

Deactivating constraint
Constraint successfully deactivated
Inserting geographicData. It can takes few minutes to complete.
ERROR : System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Processed 100 total records
Processed 200 total records
Processed 200 total records
Processed 300 total records
Processed 400 total records
Processed 500 total records
Processed 600 total records
Processed 700 total records
Processed 800 total records
Processed 900 total records
Processed 1000 total records
Processed 1100 total records
Processed 1200 total records
Processed 1300 total records
Processed 1400 total records
Processed 1500 total records
Processed 1600 total records
Processed 1700 total records
Processed 1800 total records
Processed 1900 total records
Processed 2000 total records
Processed 2100 total records
Processed 2200 total records
Processed 2300 total records
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.DatabaseInstallationStep.RunCommands(IEnumerable`1 commands, SqlConnection conn, SqlParameter[] parameters) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\DatabaseInstallationStep.cs:line 126
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.DatabaseInstallationStep.RunCommands(IEnumerable`1 commands, SqlParameter[] parameters) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\DatabaseInstallationStep.cs:line 97
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.DatabaseInstallationStep.RunScript(String fileName, Nullable`1 splitLineSize, SqlParameter[] parameters) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\DatabaseInstallationStep.cs:line 79
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.InsertDataInstallationStep.InsertGeographicData() in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\InsertDataInstallationStep.cs:line 130
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.InsertDataInstallationStep.ExecuteInternal() in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\InsertDataInstallationStep.cs:line 43
   at Magelia.WebStore.Setup.InstallationStep.Execute() in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Setup\InstallationStep.cs:line 27
Inserting geographicData. It can takes few minutes to complete.
Jan 3, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Ok so I edited the GeographicData.sql file so the web installer would succeed. Now I'm getting this exception when I try to start the site:

Would it be possible to get a SQL backup file for a new/clean store? I really would like to test this out on my server.

Thanks.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +144
   Autofac.Features.Scanning.ScanningRegistrationExtensions.<ScanAssemblies>b__5(Assembly a) +14
   System.Linq.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext() +267
   System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +196
   Autofac.Features.Scanning.ScanningRegistrationExtensions.ScanAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 assemblies, IComponentRegistry cr, IRegistrationBuilder`3 rb) +1144
   Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules) +127
   Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build() +67
   Magelia.WebStore.Application.InitializeApplicationBehavior() in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Application.cs:463
   Magelia.WebStore.Application.StartInternal(DirectoryInfo currentDirectory) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Application.cs:349
   Magelia.WebStore.Application.Start(DirectoryInfo currentDirectory, Action`1 preInitializer) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime\Application.cs:163
   Magelia.WebStore.Web.WebStoreModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Runtime.Web\Web\WebStoreModule.cs:84
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hello,

Thanks for trying our solution.

• The first erorr is due to the fact that we inject a lot of GeographicData. In a future release, we will increase the timeout and add an option to import a subset of the whole geographic data.
  • The second error doesn't seem to be related to the database. This error is generally caused by a missing assembly. Could you verify that ASP.net MVC 3 is correctly installed, if not the application will throw this error. 
    How did you install Magelia WebStore ? via the MSDeploy file found on the download section ? with Web Platform Installer, ASP.net MVC 3 is a dependency.
    By the way, we will have to find a solution to throw a more explicit error :-)

If you want, you can also test our solution from our platform : http://www.magelia.org/page/demo.  

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Ok - I installed MVC 3 and rebooted the server. 

I noticed the web.config has a few "%" signs in some of the settings; is the installer supposed to replace those with actual values?

<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{NDC}] - %message%newline" />       </layout> 

<runtime applicationTierId="c586c552-a4b5-4e1c-b3cc-2c0e7ff2561d">        <fileProvider physicalPath="%MageliaCommerceMediaPath%" urlBase="http://webstore.dev.magelia.local/medias/"/>      </runtime>

Here's the exception I'm getting now:

Sequence contains no elements

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/App_Masters/DefaultLayout.Master"
Line 2:      AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="Magelia.WebStore.Admin.Default_Page" %>
Line 3:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="mag" Src="~/App_UserControls/Synthesis/OrdersStatistics.ascx"

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\store\Default.aspx    Line: 

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements]
   System.Linq.Enumerable.First(IEnumerable`1 source) +498
   Magelia.WebStore.Admin.Web.UI.BasePage.InitializeCulture() in c:\Builds\3\MageliaCommerceRuntime\Release-0.4\Sources\Branches\Releases\0.4\src\Magelia.WebStore.Admin.Web\Web\UI\PageBase.cs:203
   ASP.default_aspx.__BuildControlTree(default_aspx __ctrl) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\store\Default.aspx:1
   ASP.default_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\53d7e0a5\17bf5f51\App_Web_klmn3ang.0.cs:0
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +72
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +269
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +167
   ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\53d7e0a5\17bf5f51\App_Web_klmn3ang.0.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +625
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hello,

It is normal to have % signs of web.config. It is used by log4net to log message.

I had a look at the code, the only cause I can see is that you use Windows authentication instead of form. Normally, the Web.config should contains the following node :

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms loginUrl="~/Authentication.aspx" defaultUrl="~/Default.aspx" name="WebStoreAdminAuth" />
    </authentication>

We don't support Windows authentication.

Normally, WebPI installation should configure the application for you, how did you install the binary ?

Thanks,

Cyril DURAND

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM

web.config:

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms loginUrl="~/Authentication.aspx" defaultUrl="~/Default.aspx" name="WebStoreAdminAuth" />
    </authentication>
    <authorization>
      <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>
    <membership defaultProvider="AdminMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="5">
      <providers>
        <add  connectionStringName="MageliaWebStore"
              enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
              enablePasswordReset="true"
              requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
              applicationName="Magelia.WebStore.Admin"
              requiresUniqueEmail="true"
              passwordFormat="Hashed"
              maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
              minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
              minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
              passwordAttemptWindow="10"
              passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""
              name="AdminMembershipProvider"
              type="Magelia.WebStore.Admin.Web.Security.AdminMembershipProvider" />
      </providers>
    </membership>

I created an empty website on my server ("store.mydomain.com"). Then I installed the Web Deploy package and MVC3. I was able to import the .zip. It wanted to create a (virtual ?) directory in my "store" web site called Admin - I copied all files in the Admin folder to the root web site. Is that the problem?  Should I just delete everything and try again? Some of the documentation show 3 different sites ("medias", and something else) -- those sites were not created - are they part of the latest release?

Also, can you give some pointers on using the web service(s) to create a catalog/product selection/add-to-cart page?

Thanks for your help!!

PS - if you want to remote into the server please let me know via private email.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi,

Everything seems OK for the authentication part.

I've got another idea :-) After you modified the GeographicData.sql did you replay the whole setup ? it looks like there is no seller and/or no association between seller and culture.

Could you run the following query :

use Magelia_WebStore
select * from magelia.seller
select * from magelia.SellerCulture 

By default, Seller should contains 1 rows and SellerCulture 2 rows, is that OK ?

I will send you via email a clean database backup with all the geographicData. Hope that will correct the problem.

Cyril DURAND

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2012 at 6:04 PM

oups, I didn't answer to all your questions.

medias, extranet, services was website for older version. it's not required anymore.

We are currently writing documentation. Services documentation should be publish in few days, and a sample website will be released in few weeks.

Cyril DURAND