Thank you very much for your questions.
First of all, Yes ! It is possible to implement the current version of Magelia WebStore.
We plan to release v1.3 before April 20. As this new version will include major changes such as Entity Framework code-first support and support of the latest version of WCF Data Services, you may want to wait for this new release.
To start creating an e-commerce website with Magelia WebStore, here are the main points :
1. Install Magelia WebStore using WebPI. See http://www.magelia.org/page/documentation/installation-guide/fast-track-one-page-procedure for more information
2. Download and run the sample Starter Site : http://mageliawebstore.codeplex.com/releases/view/83763#DownloadId=351523
3. Study how the StarterSite works
4. Have fun !
Concerning your question about the stock, we are not sure sure to understand exactly your expectations but here are a few solutions :
By default, each time you add a product to basket, the runtime will check if the product is available on a warehouse (virtualStock > minimumStock) then decrement the virtualStock value. See http://www.magelia.org/documentation/adminconsole/Products.Products.Edit.inventory?help=true
for more information.
If you want to use stock value provided by an external system, here are two solutions :
- we did not document it yet but have developed an import / export feature and a scheduler. These features will have a limited scope in the community editions of Magelia WebStore and more features in the Professional edition of WebStore. You
can find the current features implemented by WebStore in the Administration menu and the EAI/ETL and the Scheduler menus. We still have to write a comprehensive documentation for these features.
- Stock is computed by a WorkerComponent. If you want to use a WebService instead of our inventory management to determine if the product is available, you can implement an InventoryWorkerComponent and configure it using a StoreConfiguration.
Unfortunately, there is no documentation yet on how to do it
We hope that these answers will help you. Let us know if you need further information.
Cyril DURAND - Yves-Alain Ligault