Payment Gateway

Apr 17, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Hello everyone,

I've gone through the documentation thoroughly (or at least I think I have) and run Google ragged, but have yet to find out if Magelia can use payment gateway services like PayPal, Authorize.Net, SecurePay, Google Checkout, etc. I know that there are other modules for Google Checkout, but I am looking mostly for Authorize.Net and similar services. Is Magelia configurable out-of-the-box for such services? Or is that a future release?

Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Hi, 

Thank you for your question. At this stage we do not provide payment gateway documentation or suc service 'out of the box' but if you dowload the starter site available from the Download menu on http://mageliawebstore.codeplex.com, you will see how we implmented a basic access to paypal. This is a basic example so please notice that we save the order with the new order sattus BEFORE we can make sure that the payment process went well. This means that you still have to change the order status manually or develop code taht will ccheck the order payment status and change the order status accordingly.

We will provide in the upcoming monthes a version of Magelia WebStore that enables extensibility and we will then provide modules to implement paypal, Google checkout, etc. 

I hope that we answered your question and be sure that we will clearly extend the subject in the upcoming monthes.

Best regards, 

Yves-Alain

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Hello there!

I'm just checking back to see on the progress of Magelia. Below is an email about payment gateway extensibility. I'm starting a project now, and I think that I would like to use Magelia, but I need to be able to implement an Authorize.net payment gateway.
Thanks for any information!

-Sam
Coordinator
Jul 3, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Hello, 

We will publsih today in the Orchard Gallery a payment theme (Paypal Theme). This theme adds paypal payment option to an orchard website that implements the Magelia Webstore module for Orchard. This is probably a good starting point to develop an authorize.net module.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards,