Set default country for store

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Hi,

i have configured magelia and connected sample eshop. When i run sample eshop i get error "No default country defined". I tried to search this settings in admin but no luck.

Thx for help

Luděk Prouza

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Hi, 

When you access the sample eshop,  Magelia WebStore tries to identify your country (the shipping country). The shipping country is an important parameter because it may influence taxes and prices in some countries. 

You need first to define a shipping zone and a shipping rate and then choose a deflault country.

- Go to Tax and Shipping menu and click on the first icon (shipping). in this screen you will see the list of the shipping zones. Either create a new zone or modify an existing zone.  The next step is to define Shipping rates. You can the define shipping rates in the Tax and Shipping > Shipping rates screen.
When you have defined a shiping zone and a shipping rate, the countries associated with the shipping zone can be defined as deflault country for your store.

- Go to  Administration  > Seller > Store. Enter the screen and add a coubtry in the default country parameter and save.

- Finally, to see the modificatons you need to refresh the catalog cache. Simply go to the Products > Databursts menu and click on generate

I hope that this short explanation will help you and please do not hesitate if you have other questions.

Best regards