Updated Service Path to look at my Magelia webstore install, however products don't match

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I am building a simple ecommerce site using OrchardCMS and Magelia. I have the Magelia webstore installed and have removed all products except four and removed the old catalogs and created a new catalog (I loaded the starter site data) 

In my testing of the Orchard module I initially used the url listed for the demo store, since then I have updated the url of the webstore to match mine and it says it was successful, however when I look at the products it shows products from the demo site still and not from my webstore site.  

I am at a complete loss as to where to go from here. 

Thank you for your help.

Coordinator
Jul 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM

We clearly understand what is happening for you. This is due to the cache mechanisms in WebStore and we still have a lot of work to  do to write down the documentation so that it is easy to implement WebtSTore and the Orchard module.

Go to the adminictrayion panel, click on the product menu and then on the Data update data button. This will update the catalog data (it may take one or two minutes). This might be enough and you should be able to see the products, prices, etc.

There is a second cache mechanism in Magelia WebStore whit is present in the Administration / Platform / Appliction Tiers. Select the appictaion tier and click on edit. Then you will see the clear cache button/ Click on Clear and you are done.

Let us know if it works. It should !

By the way, we will release tomorrow (July 16. 2012) a new release of Magelia WebStore 2.0 which fixes a few bugs, implements a more efficient Data Update mechanism, better organized menus and an improved setup procedure.  We suggest that you wait for this release.

Best regards,

Jul 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Well before I installed the new version I did the data refresh and all of a sudden all my changes worked, so I was really excited so I then installed the new version from yesterday, entered in 2 products and could only ever get one to show up on my orchard plugin. 

When I tried to add to cart it said the product was no longer available so I looked around and decided I had to sit up shipping for the warehouse, once I did this all of my products disappeared and I was unable to get them to show back up again.  

Do you know when the documentation will be available?  Any suggestions on what I need to do? 

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 4:02 PM

You are fast ! Thank you for testing our new releases so quickly.

As version 2.0.333 of Magelia WebStore now implements UTC (Universal coordinated time), we had to upgrade the Orchard module accordingly.

We did that last week, finished the tests yesterday and released a new version of the orchard module (v2.0.1) a few minutes ago. 

It is available in the orchard Gallery : http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.WebStore/2.0.1

Simply uninstall the former version of the Magelia WebStore module, install this new version, configure the module and let us know how it goes!

Concerning the documentation, it should be ready in september.

Best regards