How to change project to another computer

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

1) I've changed my project to another computer.

2) I did a database backup.

3) I restored the database

and when it starts, i have an information that my computer does not have the licence:

Magelia WebStore Community license is not registered for the current computer name (myCurrentComputer instead of myOldComputer). Please visit www.magelia.org to renew your licence. 

i still can make login in my site project, but i cant use any feature.

can someone help me to do this changes, like how to change the computer registred to my licence.

Thanks

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Hi, 

This issue has been fixed in version 2.0.233 or higher. Can you tell us what version of Magelia WebStore you use? 

The easiest way to fix the problem would be to install the latest version of Magelia WebStore.
During the new install process you will get a new license and you will see that with this versions and this license, the name of the computer is not a problem.
It is also interesting because version 2.1 fixed and improved features and performances.

Let us know how it goes. If moving from your current version to version 2.1 is really annoying, tell us what is your version number and we may propose other options to solve the issue.
Best regards,

Yves-Alain Ligault

Oct 31, 2012 at 2:54 AM

my version is 2.0.233

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Edited Oct 31, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Hi, 

Sorry about that but my previous answer was not precise enough. This issue has been fixed in version 2.0.233.3 or higher. If you are using a former version (such as 2.0.233.1 or 2.0.233.2), please upgrade.

If your want to discus this issue over mail or skype, please indicate your e-mail + a skype pseudo on the contact form here http://www.magelia.org/page/contact-us  so that we can contact you directly.

Best regards, 
Yves-Alain

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Im using Community Edition