Orchard/Magelia : how to show your products

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

After having issues with my installation of Magelia WebStore on Windows Server 2012 (missing HTTP Activation), I had an Orchard that did not show any product.

• If I configured the Magelia WebStore Demo (http://demo.magelia.org/admin/services/), I had products and product lists and all that stuff
  • If I configured my WebStore, I had none of the define products in it.

There were three issues :

• First of all, the URL of the Magelia WebStore in the Orchard module configuration was not good. You must check that first.
  • Then, I had no defined shipping zone. My products could not be selled without a shipping zone.
  • At last, I had forgot to push my datas with Data Update (I can't say that the button was too little)

After doing this three steps, products were visible on the Orchard installation.

Hope that this experience will help someone else.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Hey Boris,

I'm having the same problem as you indicated. I hooked Orchard up to the demo store and everything works fine, but not when I hook it up to my locally configured WebStore instance.

I made sure that I have a default shipping and tax zone in the WebStore. I setup a product and I did the data push from within the WebStore. In Orchard, the WebStore configuration and ID appear correct and clicking the Test button results in a successful test. My URL is defined as http://shop.nvrflysolo.com/Services/

Do you have any other ideas on things you may have done within the WebStore configuration to get your site running? I'm not sure what else to try.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jan 20, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I finally got a product to show up in Orchard. For some reason, it was not saving the Price that I set in Magelia. I tried it 3 or 4 times and finally it seemed to take. That seemed to be what finally made it appear in Orchard.

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Hi psenechal,

A product without a price won't be available through the service layer, so not in Orchard either.

After setting a price, you have to "push data", did you do that ? Are you able to reproduce the issue ? If so, could you tell me how ?

Thanks,

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:57 AM
psenechal wrote:

Hey Boris,

I'm having the same problem as you indicated. I hooked Orchard up to the demo store and everything works fine, but not when I hook it up to my locally configured WebStore instance.

Hi Philip,

My issue was relative to a missing Windows Server feature. Symptoms were :

• Unable to ping from Orchard Server (no response when callin {Magelia Website}/services/administration/Heartbeat.svc/ping)
  • Unable to see neither products nor the content of the "stores and categories" widget

This second test can be very interesting because you can show categories in Orchard without having a product inside it in Magelia, therefore you can determine if the issue is located in the communication between Orchard and Magelia or in your Magelia Webstore products configuration :)