Adding Customers for database echoing

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Hello,

My client already have a customer datawarehouse and I want to continuously echo it in Magelia WebStore, in order for the customers to have their information (name, addresses...) automaticaly fulfilled during the checkout process.

I searched a way to integrate a large quantity of customers in Magelia WebStore by code but the only documentation on Webservices that I could find is this one : http://www.magelia.org/page/documentation/services

I can't find in this webpage neither the information on customer's import that I was looking for, nor the URLs of the WebServices, so I'm not sure to be able to do anything via Magelia WebStore WebServices. I will probably have to consider the option of inserting directly to the DB, but it would be much more dangerous.
Would you have other resources that could help me ?

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Hi Boris,

With Magelia WebStore ProEdition, you could use the Import & Export feature. Using this feature, you will be able to use XML file to import customers and related information.

Cyril DURAND

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi Cyril,

I have seen that, but only in the Magelia WebStore back-office. Is this feature reachable via a WebService ? My client users' datawarehouse is often updated, so I would like to import data one or two times a day...

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM

In this case, you can use scheduler which can be combined with ETL : you will configure one task which will import customers twice a day.

Cyril DURAND

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Ok, so we can export Data from our client DB, then create a file to import to Magelia WebStore and then configure a scheduled task that imports this file in Magelia. We will follow that blueprint for our solution's design, creating a Windows Service in .NET for exporting information from our client DB. If you have any advice that could help us to correctly format the XML file, we're listening :) If none, we will export clients data from Magelia, have a look at the generated file and try to replicate it's structure empirically.

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM

The easiest way is to export customers and generate the same structure :-)
I have just published a temporary zip with all ETL schemas : http://www.magelia.org/download/20121221-ETLSchemas.zip. We are documenting the ETL feature, the final link will be available within the documentation on www.magelia.org

By the way, in our next release, we will have the ability to extend our application. It means that you will have the ability to create your own task type (you won't need anymore a windows service) and your own ETL formatter (meaning that you don't have to rely on Magelia ETL schemas).

Cyril DURAND