Can't see button background: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Hi,

I've managed to install Magelia on my web host (Arvixe), but the button backgrounds don't show up. If I enable detailed errors and browse to the background's URL directly, this is what I get:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +470298
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(Stream stream, ImageFormat format) +36
   Magelia.WebStore.Admin.Web.ColorHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +343
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

I suppose that GDI+ is not available or safe to use on that hosted server. Is there something I can do to fix this? Thanks

Jan 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Ok I couldn't stand it so I removed the handlers in app_themes\web.config, that took care of it!

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Hi,

Thanks for reporting us this issue. You are not the first user encountering the problem. Unfortunately, we was not able to reproduce it yet :-(

Could you tell us your configuration ? which version of Windows are you using ? Are you running the application on IIS or WebMatrix ?

By the way, it is safe to remove the handler on the web.config. you will just not be able to change the color of the administration console.

Thanks,