Bundle with choices

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I'm trying to create a bundle of products, the problem is I need the user to be able to one of different products (pick a drink with chips and burger).

The products to are currently the basic product type, what is the best approach for doing this?
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Hi,
As of version 2.2 (and 2.3) the feature you request (open bundles) is not a standard feature of Magelia WebStore an there is probably no easy option to solve the problem. The only 'standard' solution at this stage would be to create a product for each individual possible bundle. This solution is only valid if you have a limited number of bundles.

We plan to include the open bundle feature in v2.4.

Thank you for your interest in Magelia WebStore and please do not hesitate if ou have other quetsions.

Best regards,

Yves-Alain - Magelia
Mar 5, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Thank you for the prompt response, I will use the workaround for now.
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Any update on V2.4 release for this feature?
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Hi,
I am sorry but we have postponed this development because one of our key resource has been away from the project during the last three month.
We will not release it in 2.4 or 3.0 and did not yet reschedule this development for a later evrsion yet.
If you want we can study your requirements and tell you how you could adapt the software to do it.
We struggled for the last three month with a reduced team but hopefully, our R&D Leader will be back on track at the ennd of this month.
Best regards,
Yves-Alain
Oct 24, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Hi Yves-Alain

My client is looking to sell bundles of products with the option to select the product variant. Looking at the code (in 2.3) it should be fairly easy to build the product type but adding to the basket looks like it may be a alot of work since it is heavily reliant on product ID's. You don't want to increment the item count when adding a second product with differing options selected.
Apr 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Hello,
Any news concerning "open" bundles? For instance to do a kit: shirt (size to choose) + shoes (size to choose).
Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Hello,
Thanks for your message. Sorry but this is not in our roadmap for the upcoming months but with version 3 that we are intensively testing currently, you should be able to extend Magelia WebStore and develop new features or extend existing features with your own code.
Best regards,
Yves-Alain