Orchard: Filter out unavailable products

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Is there a way to filter out unavailable products from the product lists and product-widgets using the orchard module? What I get now is products that looks to be available until you try adding them to the basket.
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Anybody that could help me with this?

What I mean with unavailable products is products that have no inventory left, so they are sold out and shouldn't be visible on the site. I'm not sure if this is an configuration issue on my part, or if some additional code for the orchard module must be implemented.

Thank you!
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM
In order to optimize response time while browsing catalogs, categories and products through the catalog service, the catalog webservice do not proceed to any kind of calculation during the data retrieving process.

The way to determine if a product is available and deliverable from a warehouse according to a shipping rate in a forecast country is quite complex and time consuming. That's why unavailable products in inventory are displayed anyway.

In the next version of the Magelia WebStore module for Orchard (2.4), which is going to be released shortly, you will still display unavailable available + unavailable products but you will be able to hide "Add To Cart" button automatically.

Do not hesistate if you have any further questions to ask

Regards,
GAUTHEY Aloys