Need help with setup.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Hello,

I've been playing around with this software for two days. Seems it is a nice solution. But still I've some questions in my mind.

Here is my current status. I've installed it with WebPI. Configured with community edition.
  1. My store id is dcafd470-b122-11e0-a00b-0800200c9a66. And I think this is a demo store id.
    How to get the real one?
  2. As I understood, I need to manage the products, categories inside the Magelia Web Store. Is that only the way of managing products and categories? Can I integrate it inside Orchard's dashboard? For example, adding products from there (including, price, images, product title, and so on)?????
  3. If the answer is no for question 2, then can i host the Magelia Webstore in a subdomain of my website?
Please help me to get start with this? I'm too much confused...
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your interest in Magelia WebStore. Please find hereafter the answers to your question :
  1. My store id is dcafd470-b122-11e0-a00b-0800200c9a66. And I think this is a demo store id. How to get the real one?
You simply need to download and install a Magelia WebStore Community edition and configure it. Your store will have its own store ID (available in the sellers-Store > Store settings Menu of your Magelia WebStore Admin console).
  1. As I understood, I need to manage the products, categories inside the Magelia Web Store. Is that only the way of managing products and categories? Can I integrate it inside Orchard's dashboard? For example, adding products from there (including, price, images, product title, and so on)?????
Magelia WebStore is a software on its own and is completly independent from Orchard. As Magelia WebStore provides a web services API but you still have to manage your own categories and products within Magelia WebStore and not Orchard. This enables to apply prices, taxes, discounts etc.
  1. If the answer is no for question 2, then can i host the Magelia Webstore in a subdomain of my website?
Magelia WebStore is a standard .NET software and you cans host it where you want. If you want to bridge Magelia WebStore with orchard, your store will be displayed within your Orchard domain. If you want to set up a subdomain for your store, you can of course do so.

Please do no hesitate if you have any additional question.

Best regards,
Yves-Alain
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Thanks for you reply. That is helpful.

But, I installed the Magelia using the exactly the same process in this link.

But my store id is still the demo store id.

How is this? Or am I missing something?
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:18 PM
OK Got it ! The Store ID that you mention is the standard / default Store ID that is defined during the setup process. If you want to connect your orchard instance to this store the problem is probably not the store ID but the services path.

Now that you installed Magelia WebStore somewhere simply indicate your Store ID (dcafd470-b122-11e0-a00b-0800200c9a66) + the services path in the magelia WebStore for Orchard. The service path should is simply the address of your MageliaWebSTore Administration console+services. For exmaple, the address of the demo website administration console available on demo.magelia.org is http://demo.magelia.org/admin/ and the address for the services is http://demo.magelia.org/admin/services.
Simply replace "http://demo.magelia.org/admin" by your own service path and you are all set!

Another important point ! If you edit or create catégories, products, prices, etc., do not forget to generate the catalog cache. To do do, go to the Magelia Admin console and click on update data in the Products > Data Update menu.

Best regards.
Yves-Alain
Aug 19, 2013 at 6:43 PM
i already connected the orchard and able to render the products into my website. but i'm wondering if there should be a custom id for the app.

ok. let's let it go in this way.

But i've another problem, the "add to card" button is not working. it is displaying me a message "product is no more available".

i've also posted a thread on this form here.

what the problem might be? please help with this issue too...