Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 86

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is 'Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 86.'. See >server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is:

at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.GetKeyValuePair(String connectionString, Int32 currentPosition, StringBuilder buffer, Boolean useOdbcRules, String& keyname, String& keyvalue) at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey) at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules) at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString(String value) at System.Data.Services.Caching.MetadataCache`1.MetadataCacheKey..ctor(Type serviceType, ObjectContext dataContextInstance) at System.Data.Services.Caching.MetadataCache`1.TryLookup(Type serviceType, Object dataContextInstance) at lambda_method(Closure , ExtendedCatalogService ) at Magelia.WebStore.Services.Implementation.ExtendedCatalogService..ctor() at CreateMagelia.WebStore.Services.Implementation.ExtendedCatalogService() at System.ServiceModel.InstanceContext.GetServiceInstance(Message message) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.InstanceBehavior.EnsureServiceInstance(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

<add name="MageliaWebStore" connectionString="Data Source=mssql2008R2.aspnethosting.co.uk, 14330;Initial Catalog=64 Pizzeria_live;User Id=64 Pizzeria_live;Password=XXXX;MultipleActiveResultSets=true" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
I'm using Magelia webstore, the connection string works fine when using the admin interface but fails when connecting via the web service. A connection string to a local database on localhost works fine.

Is there anything wrong with my connectionstring?
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Hi,

Which version of Magelia WebStore are you using ?

I see that the database name and user id contains space. Could you try using a database name and user id that don't contains any spaces ?

Thanks,

Cyril DURAND
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Edited Nov 15, 2013 at 1:11 PM
I'm using 2.3, I already have another installation using 2.4 with a space in the database name and id that works fine.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:24 PM
The 2.4 version introduce a new way to query data that don't rely anymore with WCF Data Services.

The error is thrown by the base constructor of ExtendedCatalogService which is a type that came from WCF Data Services. There may be a bug in WCF Data Services with connectionstring containing space :-/

Could you migrate to 2.4 version ?
Nov 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I'm using a customised version of 2.3 so I may have to merge my changes into a new build, I will attempt to test 2.4 with the connection string and if that works I will migrate.

Regards,
Chris