Magelia setup on discountasp.net

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Edited Dec 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I installed magelia webstore-2.5 on my dev machine using web platform installer, import deployment package & even by directly extracting deloyment package contents to an application folder into IIS. I was pretty confident that I am expert on magelia installation & configuration.

Then I had to install on discountasp.net
Approach 1: Package import using IIS manager
I could see extracted cotents being uploaded to the server.
I waited hours for the operation to complete but I keep getting this message:
Http: The connection Id: <some unique guid>
Approach 2: Extracted the deployment package contents and uploaded using filezilla
When I try to open Default.aspx in the browser, I get below error:
Could not load file or assembly 'Elmah' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Approach 3: Use IIS gallery
It was not supported by discountasp.net

Magelia Team,
Please provide some clue, should I download source code from codeplex, then try to publish it on remote server?
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Hi,

We don't use Elmah, so I don't think the problem is related to Magelia.
Our recommendation is to use WebDeploy and to host Magelia WebStore in a subdomain (preferred solution) or a specific IIS application.

By the way, a possible problem may be related to IIS web.config inheritance. Consider the following IIS configuration :
  • root of the website containing Orchard
    -- /admin application containing Magelia WebStore
In this configuration the /admin application will inherits the web.config of the root website.
To avoid this inheritance you have to changed all the configuration of the root (the Orchard one) config file like this :
<location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
<system.web> ... </system.web>
<system.webServer> ... </system.webServer>
</location>
It may resolve your problem.

Regards,

Cyril DURAND
Marked as answer by autrevo on 12/27/2013 at 10:25 AM