Magelia Orchard module Initialization

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:25 AM
When I save storeId & service url upon saving, textboxes become empty. Is that an issue?
Here are the steps I have taken:
Navigate: Orchard Dashboard >> Settings >> Magelia WebStore
I enter my store id and services path. Click on TEST => Test passes.
I click Save on the bottom of the page.

I see following messages
Content sharing settings needs to be configured.
Content sharing settings updated successfully
Settings updated
Above message look good to me, do you see any problem?
I tried to replicate the scenario on another installation of orchard & with magelia module. I do not see this issue happening there.
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Edited Dec 30, 2013 at 8:15 AM
There is definitely some problem with save, because I tried to use below demo store id & path. => Was not saved.
Store ID : enter the store ID (example : dcafd470-b122-11e0-a00b-0800200c9a66)
Service Path: enter the service path (http://demo.magelia.org/admin/services )
Moreover I also added few widgets CatalogsAndCategories & ProductList. I get No products to display message on the page. I hope that is obvious Magelia is not able to fetch store id & subscription details.

Where does magelia stores subscription id & store url. Can I go and enter there manually?
Dec 30, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Hi autrevo,

It's seems like you have another module which creates an error while saving its data into the database. We didn't reproduce the issue using a WebPI installation of Orchard and the Orchard gallery to retrieve our module.

Here are 2 recommendations that you could try in order the solve the problem :

=> Look at the logs files of your Orchard instance ( Orchard\App_Data\Logs ) if there is a meaningful error message.
=> Try to install our module without any other additional module in a fresh Orchard instance and install/enable the others one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

If the incompatibility is proved between our module and another one, please do not hesitate to share with us this information.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY
Dec 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Hi Aloys,

Thanks for the update. You guys do really well, thanks.

I would not like to notify the incompatibility if found.

A bug not reported is not a bug J

I just helped you to minimize the bug count. J

Thank you once again for your prompt response.

-Abhijeet

Dec 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Hi Aloys,

I looked at the below logs & could conclude that captcha module was creating error. When I disabled captcha, magelia started working fine.
ExecuteActions(IList list)
at NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.ExecuteActions()
at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.PerformExecutions(IEventSource session)
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEventListener.OnFlush(FlushEvent event)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Commit()
at Orchard.Data.SessionLocator.Dispose() in d:\Builds\OrchardFull\src\Orchard\Data\SessionLocator.cs:line 80
[13] NHibernate.Util.ADOExceptionReporter - Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PublicKey', table '**Orchard_Captcha_CaptchaSettingsPartRecord'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener - Could not synchronize database state with session
NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not execute batch command.[SQL: SQL not available] ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'PublicKey', table '**Orchard_Captcha_CaptchaSettingsPartRecord'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
Are you aware of any know issue with captcha module?

Thanks
Dec 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Hi autrevo,

I'm going to try to reproduce the problem as soon as possible to see if I can understand why It occurs.

Could you tell me which captcha module are you using ?
Is the problem occurs when you try to save other application settings like smtp/email ?

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY