Reset magelia administration password fails.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:22 PM
We changed Magelia administration password. Now I am not able login either with the old password now with the new password.

When we tried to reset the password by using Forgot password link, we entered administrator Email. I get below error:
Magelia WebStore was unable to send you an e-mail. E-mail provider is currently unavailable or has been improperly configured. Please contact your administrator.
Is there any way to reuse our Magelia installation or are we left with reinstalling Magelia.
Coordinator
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2014 at 2:48 PM
The best option in your case would be to either reinstall or configure a smtp server so that you could go through the lots password procedure.

Here is how to proceed to manually add a smtp server to your Magelia WebStore instance. Simply edit the web.config to reference a SMTP server. As Magelia uses standards as much as possible, installing a smtp server is rather easy. Here is the Microsoft procedure that describes the mail settings that you should add to the web.config: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164240.aspx

Please find hereafter a sample code that can be added to the web.config in order to configure a smtp server (without password) :

<system.net>
<mailSettings>
  <smtp from="mail@provider.com" deliveryMethod="Network">
    <network host="my-provide.com"  />
  </smtp>
</mailSettings>
</system.net>

If it does not work, then reinstalling Magelia WebStore would be the best option.
Jan 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Thank you, without password in web.config, will Magelia send email?
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Hi,

Magelia use standard .net SMTP client which is configurable using the mailSettings section (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms164240.aspx).

What password are you talking about ?

Regards,
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Hi CDurand,

As Yaligault mentioned in his response,
Please find hereafter a sample code that can be added to the web.config in order to configure a smtp server __(without password) : __

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but it made me ambiguous password would be required in the SMTP configuration for sending the password reset link, right?

Regards
Abhijeet
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Sorry I didn't see it from yal answer.

The password he speaks about is the password of your smtp server. You need to specify password on the smtp section depending of the authentication mode of your smtp server.