Accessing Content Items through API

Jan 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Hi,

I have defined a content type associated with categories in Magelia administration console and created content items for a specific category. The category has been pushed (Data Burst) and I am able to see records in some rdbms tables that correspond to the content items I have defined for the category. Further, I am able to see the categories using the Magelia webstore client (2.5.195.6) against the server (2.5.195.1016). I am also able to see the Files from the queryable in the CatalogServiceClient. However, whether I add an Include(f => f.Categories) from the files, or an Include(c => c.Files) from the categories, they both come up with no references. That is, while both categories and files can be retrieved from the API as expected, the link between them does not seem to be available from the API although the link is present in admin console and I can see records in the database that look like they should represent these links.

Any guidance on how this issue may be resolved would be most welcome.

Thanks is advance.

Rohan.
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Hi,

You will have to update your client by running the update-mageliaclient nuget command.

Then all type will be updated with your new contenttypes.

In some case, you may have to cast KnownObject to ExtendedKnownObject for example Category to ExtendedCategory.

Let us know if you need further information.

Cyril DURAND
Marked as answer by rohanosieck on 1/17/2014 at 12:51 PM
Jan 17, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Hi Cyril,

That worked and I now have content items rendering from within my orchard module. I thank you for your prompt response.

Regards,

Rohan.