What, no payment gateways?

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2014 at 10:12 PM
You mean to tell me that there are no payment gateways in the current release? And you want to call yourself an e-commerce solution?

Can't really call yourself a "WebStore" if your customers can't actually PAY for anything?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Magelia WebStore and for your comment.

Magelia WebStore is a SOA e-commerce software which is composed of a back-office and web services. This can be seen as a drawback (which seems to be your point of view) or as a real strength, which we truly believe.
Out of the box, it is true that Magelia does not come up with any payment kit but it does not come up with any front office at all either. In our vision, this is a great strength because it enables you to develop the front-office the way you want and integrate with any classic Payment gateway.

We provide an example of such implementation with the PayPal Theme that, in addition to the Magelia WebStore module for Orchard enables you to add Magelia WebStore e-commerce feature and a PayPal payment gateway to your Orchard Implementation.

Hopefully for their business, most of the people who select Magelia WebStore as their preferred e-commerce framework for .Net implement payment gateways such as Authorize.net, PayPal, Atos, etc. This is pretty easy for .Net developers but your comment demonstrates that we need to make the documentation and examples of payment kit implementation more easily available.

With Magelia WebStore version 3 will come our extensibility layer and its associated gallery of modules. This will make it easier to communicate and share modules such as Payment kits for a given front-office technology, additional e-commerce webservices, etc.

Please do not hesitate if you need any additional information.
Best regards,
Apr 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Hello,
I just discovered Magelia today (thanks to the MS WebMatrix gallery). What I've seen on the front end demo and mostly on the admin demo (which I think is a better way to evaluate a product) really interests me.
You're talking about a version 3 that will come with an extensibility layer. It's a very good idea.
Two questions:
  • Do you have the release planning?
  • Will there be plugins (or plugin architecture) for shipping features?
In general, do you have service programs to be supported on a project or system integrators (in France)?
Best regards.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your message and for your interest in Magelia WebStore.

RELEASE of V3 : Concerning the release of version 3 : we are currently doing our final testing of this release and you can expect Magelia WebStore v3 to be released end of this month or beginning of May at the latest.

PLUGINS : When we will release Magelia WebStore v3 we will release it with 10 to 20 extensions. There will not be any specific shipping extension but as Magelia WebStore is an extensible architecture it will be possible to create extensions that meet your requirements.

PROJECTS AND PARTNERS : We have partners in Europe (France, UK, Netherlands) and in the US and Canada. We suggest that you contact us on the magelia.org contact form and provide us with your e-mail or phone number and we could discuss directly your project scope and recommend partners.

Best regards,

Yves-Alain