Promo code is not applicable

Mar 12, 2014 at 5:15 AM
Hi,

I've set up Magelia with Orchard on my dev box, added some test products, shipping rates etc... and that's working great.

Now I'm trying to test discount codes, I created a simple one but whenever I try entering the code on the shopping cart, all I get is "Promo code is not applicable"

I've done the data update, cleared the cache both in the store and Orchard, and still get the message. What am I missing?
Mar 13, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2014 at 6:25 PM
Hi,

could you try to configure your discount without using a discount code as condition but the Boolean condition and tick the checkbox to see if it is the discount code condition that is wrong or the action which raise the "Promo code is not applicable" message because the it could not be applied.

If you need further help please send us the configuration of your discount using screenshots of the tabs in the discount edition screen.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY
Mar 13, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

However while trying to troubleshoot I upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6 (by replacing the files with the WebDeploy distribution of 2.6 and adding the connection string to the new web.config) and now my products don't show up in Orchard anymore. The categories and even my shopping cart still show up correctly, but the products are nowhere to be seen...

Did I mess up my installation or am I missing something? I spent several hours last night trying to ensure the store was all configured properly but nothing helped...
Apr 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM
Hi,

please note that the Orchard module version must match with Magelia WebStore. For instance if you are using the version 2.6 of Magelia WebStore the corresponding version of the Orchard module must begin with 2.6. That could explain why you products are not displayed in Orchard.

Please check that you have also performed a data update (using the PRODUCTS>Data update screen) in order to publish your catalogs, categories and products through services.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY