Magelia store settings disappear from the Orchard admin menu after IIS restart

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Hello,

I have a big issue with the magelia module (v2.5 and 2.6) for orchard (v1.7.2) : after resetting IIS, I was unable to access the module settings page in the admin menu. Worse : every Magelia widget simply wouldn't show, as if it were not installed!
Nevertheless, I still can see the module in the module list, which is marked as "enabled". Disabling it and re-enabling it didn't change anything.

So I manually deleted the files and reinstalled it from the orchard gallery and it temporarily fixed the issue. But every time I have to reset IIS or simply restart my server, the problem happens; I can't just uninstall/reinstall since I have a lot of customizations and I don't want to lose some in the process (Btw : it also happens without any of my customizations).

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!!
Simon
Apr 1, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Hi serivas,

The fact that widgets do not display anything means that Magelia WebStore services are not reachable by the Orchard module.

In order to start to understand the issue, could you check 2 things :

=> Orchard logs when you are encountering the issue : ( they are located the following folder : App_Data\Logs and they are generated on a daily basis )
=> Magelia WebStore technical logs available in the PLATFORM SETTINGS tab of the administration console.

Do not hesitate to share with us what you find if there is something abnormal.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY