the configuration section 'glimpse' cannot be read because it is missing a section

Apr 11, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Hello,

i am trying to make my first magelia webstore working.

BackOffice works fine, i am on VS2013 on W2012 server, when i launch from iisexpress it works but after i publish in the goal website it says :

in web.config error 500.19 (0x80070032)
"the configuration section 'glimpse' cannot be read because it is missing a section "

What is missing ?
Apr 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Hi Coroebus,

As you could read on the official website of the glimpse package (http://getglimpse.com/) it is used to monitor the front end application. We have developed a specific extension for Magelia WebStore in order to track more precisely interactions with our platform.

Regarding the error message your are experiencing I invite you to check in the Web.config file at the root level of your front end application that you have the following configuration section declared :
<configSections>
    <section name="yosemite" type="ResponsiveEcommerceWebsite3.Runtime.Configuration.YosemiteConfiguration" />
    <sectionGroup name="magelia">
      <section name="webStoreClient" type="Magelia.WebStore.Configuration.WebStoreClientConfiguration, Magelia.WebStore.Client" requirePermission="false" />
    </sectionGroup>
    <section name="glimpse" type="Gimpse.Core.Configuration.Section, Glimpse.Core" />
 </configSections>
Please note that this feature is designed to be used during your developments and not on a live environment as it slows down performances.

Do not hesitate if your have any further questions.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY
Apr 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM
hello,

thank you for answer. I have exactly the same declaration in web config.

That is strange is the website works when i run it from visual studio but not when i publish it.
Apr 15, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Edited Apr 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Hi Coroebus,

As you could see in the Web.Release.config transformation file included in the frontend solution :

there is a statement that removes the glimpse configuration section :

and another one that should remove the related configuration of the glimpse plugin :

but this last statement is apparently not respected when you publish the application.

It's the same regarding modules and handlers declarations.

Here is a screenshot the web.config file resulting form the publishing process :

So you have two choices here :

=> You want to run the glimpse plugin on your published application. To do so you have to add the glimpse configuration section as in the web.config file in the source project. (<section name="glimpse" type="Glimpse.Core.Configuration.Section, Glimpse.Core" />)

=> You don't want to use the glimpse plugin on your published application. Please remove all glimpse related statements (pointed by red arrows in the previous screenshot).

As this behavior is not normal while publishing the responsive frontend application I will report the issue to our development team right away.

Please do not hesitate if you need more help or any further questions.

We are really grateful for your feedbacks.

Best regards,
Aloys GAUTHEY