|This page was created for Magelia WebStore version 0.1
3.2 Creating / modifying categories
Products > Catalogs > Categories
In order to create categories, first select a catalog.
If categories already exist for a given catalog, the categories will be displayed in a treeview on the left side of the screen.
To create a category, please select the parent category and press the add new button.
Three tabs allow you to define data for the new category
- General data tab
- Attached products tab
- Contents tab
3.2.1. General data tab
Products > Category > General data tab
The general data tab includes the category ID, localized attributes for the category and localized Search Engine friendly information defining the category.
- Category ID: the category ID defines the Uniqque identifier for the category.
- Parent category: select a parent category or select root
- Active: defines whether the category is active (and visible on the front-office or not.
- Category name: name of the category in the chosen language
- Short description: HTML short description
- Long Description: HTML short description
SEO (Search Engine data) – Localized information
- URL: define the URL path the category
- Page: define the page name
- Title: define the title that should appear in the Meta Title
- Description: define the description that should appear on the website fr the category page
3.2.2. Attached products tab
Products > Category > Attached products Tab
In the attached products tab, you can define the products, within the selected catalog that must be present in a category. A product can be associated with more than one category.
The screen presents the products attached to the category.
Order products : Use the up and down arrows in the grid to adjust the order.
In order to add products to the category, click on the Add products button.
Select the products that you want to add to the category then press the + button or the Add product button to add more than one product.
3.2.3. Contents Tab
Products > Category > Content tab
The content tab allows you to create additional contents that for the category.
The content tab lists the contents that are associated with the category.
In order to add a new content, article, etc. that will be presented with the category, click on the “New content” button.
220.127.116.11. Creating content
- Tag : add a tag if you want to use this in front office to retrieve a given content associated with the category
- Pictures : The add pictures feature is presented in the next paragraph
- Culture : As content is localized, select a culture / language
- Title : text defining the content tite
- Subtitle : text defining the content subtitle
- Rich Text: text defining the content itself
Click Save when you have finished creating content for the category.
The new content will appear in the content tab and you can edit / delete it using the Pen and “–“ icons.
18.104.22.168.1. Adding pictures
Clicking on the “associate pictures” link in the content creation screen opens a new window.
To add a picture click on the camera and select a file that you want to upload on your computer.
Click on add to add the picture.
Note: more than one picture can be associated with a content.
The following metadata can be associated with the picture :
- Code: this is a unique ID for the picture
- Tag: the tag system can be used to differentiate pictures and retrieve the right picture for a given context
- Name: to give the picture a name
- Alt: define content for the Alt Image HTML Tag associated with the picture
Click the OK Button when down. The pictures window will close and the content creation window will re-appear.
Press the Save button that appear on top of the screen to save the new categories or the changes made to an existing category.
The save button saves all information from all tabs.