6 Step 3: Configuring countries and states
|This page was created for Magelia WebStore version 0.1
6.1 Managing Countries and States
Configure countries and states to indicate the parameters that you want to apply to a specific country where you ship products. If your store is only available in English and sells products in only one currency, you will define:
- What language(s) should the website propose to visitors from this country
- What currency will be associated with a country
- If the currency symbol should be displayed before or after the price
- And a localized name for the country
Additional important information:
- The countries and states defined here will be useful to properly configure taxes and shipping.
- Countries configuration is a global parameter and these parameters apply to all stores hosted on the same WebStore environment.
Countries and States Configuration “to-do list”:
- Decide which countries you want to propose on your website
- Define the languages that should be proposed for each country (example: fr-BE and nl-BE if you wish to propose a store in French and flamish to your Belgian visitors).
- Check that the countries configuration in the system is correct
- Create or modify countries if necessary
- Check that the states associated with a country are already present in the system
- Create states if necessary.
The countries list is available in the following menu:
Administration > Countries
The states list is available in the following menu:
Administration > States